Our short guide will teach you the basics about Exact Brand Match domains.
An Exact Brand Match domain or EBM is a domain name that uses the exact keyword a person would instinctively use to look for said domain on the Internet. For example, if you want to buy an Adidas jacket, you type adidas.com, or if you need to look for something on Google, you simply type google.com. The most popular brands use Exact Brand Match domain names for their address on the web.
Premium domain names, like premium real estate, are exponentially increasing in value.
EBMs can also be made up of two keywords or a combination of multiple keywords related to a product or a brand, like EnterpriseCarsales.com or SportsShoes.com.
In the past, we have talked about how successful brands have understood the importance of developing a branding strategy to make their businesses stand out from the competition, making themselves recognizable, trustworthy, and attractive. A great deal of their success has come from choosing the right name for their brand, but also ensuring they lock their EBM to build their online presence.
According to a report made public by Verisign during the second quarter of 2020, there are a little over 370 million domain name registrations across all top-level domains (TLDs), with the .com and the .net comprising an astonishing 162.1 million domain name registrations.
So, what are the benefits of getting an EBM for your business?
1. An Exact Brand Match domain is the foundation where you build up your brand. If you are starting a company, you want to have the best possible head start working in your favor. With a strong EBM and the right strategy, you can pave the way to develop and establish a brand that will become unforgettable and timeless.
2. Better SEO Rankings. Having an Exact Brand Match domain will improve your website ranking in search engines like Google, just as long as you develop a marketing strategy that helps to position your page above your competitors. A domain name alone will probably give you a boost, but adding real value in the form of high-quality content is the key to gain authority and position your brand among the top spots of the search results.
3. Credibility and Trust. From a branding perspective, an EBM usually is synonymous with credibility, transparency, and trust. Getting an exact domain name helps a brand differentiate itself from others, making your consumers see your product or service with more confidence and respect. Your Exact Brand Match domain name will give you a lasting and competitive advantage that will always be associated with your brand.
The key to investing is not assessing how much an industry is going to affect society, or how much it will grow, but rather determining the competitive advantage of any given company and, above all, the durability of that advantage.
4. Revenue. Having an EBM not only gives your website authority and trust, but it also improves your SEO ranking, making your website pop up more often and in the first search results. As a direct result, your brand gets more exposure, recognition, direct traffic, more visits, and sales. This heightened access will lead buyers to your doors, increasing your conversions and profit.
5. Memorability. EBMs are memorable, easy to share, and write. Those are invaluable qualities you want for your brand. You do not want your customers to get lost because your domain is spelled funny or is difficult to pronounce when sharing it with others. You want to be easily discovered, reachable, and shareable.
We hope the above information will help you in making informed decisions about your brand. If you want to say hi or have any questions about naming, branding, and domain names get in touch, we’re always happy to hear from you.